Redoing the floors is a big part of a home renovation budget.
You need to be sure you get great value.
- You want to really
love the floor you end up with
- You expect good quality for your dollars spent
- Durability and functionality are vital, so you don’t have to do this again any time soon
stamped concrete floors from
Concrete Craft® you can have any high-end flooring style for a fraction of the cost of real, including authentic-looking hardwood floors. Our life-like wood stamps and custom-color penetrating stains allow anyone to have the look and luxury of hardwood floors
from darkest walnut to the new trending “greige,” a combination of brown, beige and grays for unique, lighter wood tones.
If you’re considering hardwood floors for your interior floors or outdoor patio or sunroom, read on to see how you can have the glamour and touch of class that hardwood flooring gives, but with resurfaced, stamped and stained decorative concrete “wood” floors. Here are four very good reasons
to choose decorative concrete over real hardwood flooring.
Reason One: Cost
In comparison, a decorative concrete wood pattern stamped floor will cost about half what real or engineered hardwood costs. Additionally, you can pick stamp patterns for smooth finishes, distressed wood, wider planks, stronger graining, reclaimed wood and textured finishes. You don’t have to deal with cost differentials of
hardwood styles, you can choose any stamp and select a custom stain color for the exact look you want for your “hardwood” floors.
Reason Two: Durability
There’s no question which floor is the toughest when comparing concrete to wood. Concrete is the toughest floor you can have, while natural wood is softer and will sustain damage that a concrete floor will not. Owners of hardwood floors take special pains to protect the finish, such as no
street shoes worn in the house, yet still report issues:
- Scratches easily with tracked in dirt, sand or gravel
- Moving furniture to clean or redecorate can damage the floor
- Water and spills can penetrate and permanently stain the floor
- Pets’ claws can mar the surface and “accidents” can soak into the wood
- Hardwood won’t stand up to weather for outside patios or sunrooms
Decorative concrete stamped hardwood floor designs will provide years of worry-free beauty and functionality. Where children and pets live, you don’t have to take extraordinary measures to protect the floor. Even they cannot damage the sealed finish!
- Tough polymer sealers provide UV protection and fade-resistant qualities
- Concrete floors don’t trap mold, mildew, dust mites, bacteria, allergens, or moisture
- Stain-resistant finish resists scratches from human traffic and rambunctious pets
- Spills like wine, food and pet messes wipe right up with no residual effect
- Our sealers and integrated stains are all-weather-proof, making decorative concrete hardwood patterns viable for outside surfaces like patios, decks and sunrooms
Reason Three: Maintenance
The low-maintenance needs for decorative concrete floors is a big plus. The tough, durable surface eliminates the normal wear-and-tear repairs of other flooring types, so keeping your interior and exterior hardwood concrete floors looking like new is easy.
- Clean regularly with a dry dust mop and an occasional damp mop using a neutral-pH cleaner
- For heavily trafficked rooms, an application of floor wax provides additional protection
- Resealing every few years will restore a worn finish, if needed
- Outside floors can be swept clean and hosed off for a quick wash
- Decorative concrete hardwood floors can save an average of a $1 per square foot, per year, in maintenance over real hardwood flooring
By contrast, hardwood floors are more labor-intensive to keep clean.
- Hardwood floors require specialty flooring cleaners to best preserve the finish
- Repairs are constant for damaged sections due to stains, scratches and gouges of everyday life
- Worn wood surfaces can splinter, especially at the seams of the planks, requiring sanding and re-staining
- Long-term damage to hardwood floors can require complete room re-sanding and/or re-staining
- Outside decks or patios require annual upkeep due to weather damage
Hardwood floors have restrictions of where they should be used in a home, specifically the recommendation to avoid rooms where moisture and humidity are high. This makes bathrooms, kitchens, mudrooms and laundry rooms off limits for real hardwood. Decorative concrete hardwood stamp patterns
can safely bring the high-end beauty of hardwood to any room in your home! The tough sealed surface of decorative concrete makes the floor appropriate for any area of your home, including the outdoors, such as a patio, deck, sunroom, pool house, cabana, shed or playhouse.
- A distressed-wood farmhouse kitchen floor is no problem
- Mudrooms or entryways can have the look of hardwood without the worry of damage from tracked in rain, snow or mud
- Create a natural, spa-like atmosphere in the master bath with decorative concrete hardwood flooring
- Enjoy a “wood” deck or patio that is maintenance-free year after year
If you love the idea of hardwood floors but not the cost and upkeep, you can have the authentic look of hardwood throughout your home with Concrete Craft. Don’t do anything until you talk with the professionals at Concrete Craft about stamped hardwood patterns with custom
resurfaced concrete overlays. You’ll love the look, the quality, the easy care and the incredible cost savings. Call 866-813-3699 today or go online to
www.concretecraft.com to find the Concrete Craft location nearest you and request a FREE design consultation and estimate. View our
digital brochure to see the myriad choices available with decorative concrete flooring, including simulated natural stone such as Flagstone, Cobblestone or Slate, as well as brick and tile designs.