After a year and a half of being housebound, your carpets and flooring may be begging for replacement. If you’ve been considering recarpeting the living room or family room, now is a good time to consider carpet alternatives, specifically decorative concrete floors from
Concrete Craft®. The move from carpet to a hard-surfaced stained or
stamped concrete floor may seem drastic, but there are some very good reasons to make that change, besides the ease with which you can effortlessly redecorate.
Layer rugs for color and design updates to your heart’s content, without breaking the bank every time you crave a new look
Decorative concrete styles such as
stained concrete, stamped and
resurfaced concrete for your indoor floors is a very modern choice, and the versatility of decorative concrete lets you imagine floors you never dared dream, like polished marble, exotic-colored hardwoods, stone tiles, and more. Here are eight reasons why you should seriously consider decorative concrete
floors instead of carpeting when it’s time to refresh your floors.
One: Decorative concrete floors are the most durable
floors you can have
- The durability of decorative concrete gives decades of high-quality floor performance and you won’t need to replace them periodically like other floor coverings, saving you money and inconvenience.
- Carpets wear out faster than any other available flooring option and need replacement every few years.
Two: Enjoy more options to customize and get exactly the
look you want
- You have unlimited design potential for your indoor floors with custom concrete stains, premium stamped concrete molds, stencils, and resurfaced decorative concrete floors as to color, pattern, and texture.
- Carpet choices can be limited to what is at your local big box store and unverified quality and color for online carpet purchases can be very limiting for unique design choices.
The sky’s the limit for design imagination with decorative concrete floors
Three: Get high-end trending flooring styles for the cost
of lower-end carpeting
- Decorative concrete floors can replicate the look of high-end flooring like marble, stone, tile, and wood for about half the cost of the real materials.
- You may end up settling for a less plush carpet than you wanted due to installation costs, including the extra carpeting to allow for fit-and-cut issues and carpet padding that “pads” the cost considerably.
Four: Indoor concrete floors are stain-resistant,
moisture-resistant, and UV protected
- The decorative concrete sealed finish resists moisture, stains, cracks, and peeling, with UV-resistant concrete stains that prevent color fading. You never have to deal with the various reasons that other floors deteriorate, such as faded carpet.
- Carpet colors fade from UV sunlight and can stain easily, creating the very bad decorating decision to move furniture around to cover the stains and fading instead of cleaning or replacing ruined carpet.
Stenciled wood tile for a farmhouse finish in a rich and lasting Mocha color blend
concrete floors keep your home cleaner and more allergen-free
- Decorative concrete floors result in better air quality with easy to clean surfaces that resist dust and dirt buildup, mold and bacteria growth, and stains and spills clean up with a damp cloth since nothing sticks to the sealed surface.
- Carpets and padding can hold as much as four times their weight in dirt and harbor high levels of dust mites, pet dander, mold, and mildew from ground-in dirt, spills of all kinds, and smells like lingering chemicals from carpet cleaning products.
Six: Less cleaning time gives you more free time, and your
floors still look like new
- No more dreading cleaning the floors with concrete floors that are maintained by regular dry dust mopping and occasional wet mopping with a gentle, neutral-pH cleaner like Dawn dish soap to keep your floors shining.
- Carpet care involves at least weekly vacuuming, stain removers, chemical cleaners, renting or buying a carpet cleaner, plus professional cleaning every six months to keep them at their best.
It’s no contest, decorative concrete floors keep your home cleaner and healthier
Seven: Decorative concrete floors contribute to a healthier
- There are no chemical emissions from our resurfacing products that are low-to-no VOC (volatile organic compounds) and without the need for harsh chemicals or toxic cleaning products, your home is cleaner throughout.
- Most carpet is made from synthetic fibers that have been treated with chemicals that "outgas" into your home, releasing VOCs for months after installation. (Yes, that’s that new carpet smell.) Carpet "ingredients" can include Petroleum byproducts and synthetics (polypropylene, nylon, acrylic), soil
and stain repellents, vinyl or latex, PVC, urethane, antistatic sprays, artificial dyes, and antimicrobial treatments. (SixWise.com)
Eight: Concrete floors are a sustainable, eco-friendly
- Your floors stay beautiful year after year without replacement that requires constant production of “consumable” flooring that eats up natural resources, creates lots of trash, and negatively impacts the carbon footprint of commerce.
- Americans discard about 3.9 million tons of carpet and rugs each year … and only about five percent of carpet is recycled. The majority of this bulky waste ends up in landfills or waste-to-energy plants. –Product Stewardship Institute, Waste Advantage Magazine, 2019
Enhance your home with beautiful, durable decorative concrete floors and help save the planet—who could ask for more? (Pictured is MarbleKoatTM in Champagne)
Floors you can live with for a very long time
When it’s time for new floors, don’t do anything before you talk to the professionals at Concrete Craft! They can make new floor selection an exhilarating experience by becoming your one-stop shop for all your flooring needs. No more running all over town to find “deals” since our
decorative concrete floor designs can replicate any hard-surface flooring style at a cost guaranteed to make you smile. Call 888-852-9244today or go to
www.concretecraft.comto find the Concrete Craft location nearest you and request a free in-home or virtual* design consultation. For a preview of options, check out our online
MasterProTMProduct Catalog and start imagining your own beautiful new floors!
*Virtual consultations may not be available at every location
Follow us on
Instagram and like us on